PM Narendra Modi's Mann Ki Baat speech: Key points
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the monthly radio programme Mann Ki Baat.
Take a look at some of the key points from his address:
- To support our Olympics team on social media, the 'Victory Punch Campaign' has already begun. You also share your victory punch along with your team and cheer for India.
- Tomorrow is Kargil Vijay Diwas. Kargil war is such a symbol of valour and discipline of our armed forces, which the entire world has witnessed. I would like you to read the thrilling story of Kargil. Let us all salute the brave hearts of Kargil.
- A recent study by MyGov found that about 75% of those who send their message and suggestions to Mann Ki Baat are below 35 years. It means Mann Ki Baat is being guided by the views of the youth of India. Mann Ki Baat is a medium where there is positivity and sensitivity.
- Nowadays, apple cultivation is gaining traction in Ukhrul, Manipur. Farmers here are now cultivating apples in orchards. These people also went to Himachal to take proper training. One of them is TS Ringphami Young. He is an aeronautical engineer by profession.
- After COVID-19, the cultivation of 'Ber' is increasing. My one such young friend is 32 years old Bikramjeet Chakma from Unakoti, Tripura. He has earned a sizable profit after starting 'ber' cultivation & motivating people for its cultivation.
- In Chandigarh's Sector 29, Sanjay Rana Ji runs a food stall and sells 'Chhole Bhature' on cycle. To eat his delicious 'Chhole Bhature' for free, you will have to show that you have taken the (COVID-19) vaccine on the same day.
- His initiative is unique in many ways, especially because it provides an opportunity to the urban people to see a lifestyle about which they know very little. Isaac Munda is celebrating culture as well as cuisine and is also motivating us.
- In his video, he highlights local delicacies, traditional recipes, village, lifestyle, family and food habits. His journey as a YouTuber started in March 2020 when he posted a video about the traditional dish of Odisha, Pakhala.
- Isaac Munda is from a village in the Sambalpur district of Odisha. Isaac once worked as a daily wage labourer, but now he has become an internet sensation. He is earning well through his Youtube channel.
- In Tamil Nadu's Nilgiri, Radhika Shastri Ji has started Amburx Project, which aims at providing easy transport facilities in hilly areas to patients for treatment. She collected funds from her colleagues at a cafe that she runs. Today, there are 6 Amburx in service.
- During festivals and gaiety, do remember that corona is not yet gone from amidst us. You don't have to forget corona-related protocols.
- During COVID times, there has been a unique initiative in Lakhimpur Kheri. Here work has started to impart training to women to make fibre from the discarded banana stems, an attempt to achieve best from waste.
- To conserve every single drop of water, to stop any sort of wastage of water, this should become a natural part of our lives. It should become such a tradition of our families, of which every member should feel proud