Congress raises tough questions against CM Bommai on 'Operation Bitcoin Scam Coverup'
Opposition Congress has levelled serious allegations against Basavaraj Bommai government in connection with the 'Bitcoin Coverup Scam'.
Bengaluru: Opposition Congress has levelled serious allegations against Basavaraj Bommai government in connection with the 'Bitcoin Coverup Scam'. The Congress leaders called it India’s biggest ever “Bitcoin Scam” unearthed in Karnataka. Instead of conducting a fair investigation, the BJP Government of Karnataka is preoccupied with “Operation Bitcoin Scam Coverup”.
Senior Congress leader Randeep Surjewala and Dr. Gourav Vallabh held a press confrence after the Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
Congress raised following questions to the chief minister:
1. Who are the actors in the “Bitcoin Coverup Scam”?
2. Were the stolen bitcoins transferred from the wallet of alleged hacker Sri Krishna? How many bitcoins and of what value? How does the Bengaluru police then suggest (in its third Panchnama dated 22nd January 2021) that the 31 & 186 Bitcoins allegedly transferred to police wallets were lost or were found to be fake transactions?
3. Whether the “Whale Alerts” reflect the transfer of the 14,682 stolen Bitfinex bitcoins valued at Rs. 5,240 crores on the two dates- 1st December 2020 & 14th April 2021, when Sri Krishna was in custody- have any correlation? Whether it was investigated if some of the transferred Bitcoins were from Sri Krishna’s wallet?
4. What is the role and responsibility of the Chief Minister Shri Basavaraj Bommai (who was the Home Minister in charge at the relevant time) and others in the State Government?
5. Why was Interpol not informed despite such gigantic offences with clear international ramifications? Why did the BJP Government wait for over five months up till 24th April 2021 to write to Interpol and that also after the release of Sri Krishna on 17th April 2021?
6. Why was NIA/SFIO/ED not informed by the Karnataka BJP Government?
The Congress party targeted CM Bommai after the latter's meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi. It was rumoured that Boomai will be sacked b the BJP high-command in the wake of the scam.
Software engineer and accused hacker Srikrishna, who is allegedly involved in a multi-crore bitcoin scam and drug peddling, was granted bail by the Metropolitan Magistrate court on Tuesday. He was fined ₹4,500 for consuming drugs, and released on conditional bail with ₹25,000 bail bond as surety