Two women charred to death at apartment in Bengaluru
Bengaluru: In a tragic incident, two women were charred to death at an apartment in Devarachikkana Halli, Bengaluru, on Tuesday. Five others who were injured were taken to a hospital.
The mishap occurred after a fire broke out due to gas leakage in the pipeline around 3:30 pm Tuesday. Upon receiving the call, the Fire Department rushed three fire tenders to the spot.
DGP & DG Fire & Emergency Services Karnataka told news agency ANI, "The accident appears to have occurred due to domestic gas leakage. Two persons have died, search ops are underway. The incident was reported around 4.35 pm-4.40 pm, and the fire tender reached here around 4.55 pm. Entire apartment complex evacuated".
A 82-year old woman and her 59-year old daughter who were trapped in the blaze died.