Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi stresses on buying local products during Diwali
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday in the 82nd edition of his monthly radio programme 'Mann Ki Baat' lauded India's landmark achievement of 100 crore COVID-19 vaccinations.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday in the 82nd edition of his monthly radio programme 'Mann Ki Baat' lauded India's landmark achievement of 100 crore COVID-19 vaccinations. The Prime minister said and said that the success of the country's vaccination programme shows the potential and power of the mantra of everyone's efforts.
Highlights of 82nd edition of Mann Ki Baat
- Many people are asking in their letters to me how, with the commencement itself of the vaccine, I had developed the belief that this campaign would achieve such a huge success!
- Friends, the figure of 100 crore vaccine doses might surely be enormous, but there are lakhs of tiny inspirational and pride-evoking experiences, numerous examples that are associated with it.
- My dear countrymen, Namaskar…namaskar a billion times! And I am saying ‘koti-koti namaskar’ also since after crossing the 100 crore vaccine doses, the country is surging ahead with a new zeal; renewed energy.
- The government of Uttarakhand also rightfully deserves accolades since it’s a remote area with difficult terrain. Similarly, Himachal too has completed the task of cent-per cent doses amid such difficulties.
- Today, I want to introduce to the listeners, one such healthcare worker, Poonam Nautiyal ji from Bageshwar in Uttarakhand. Friends, she is from Bageshwar, part of the very land of Uttarakhand which accomplished task of administering cent percent of 1st dose.
- Today, I am gratefully expressing thanks, not just to you but to every Bharatvasi, every Indian who raised the ‘Sabko vaccine – Muft vaccine’ campaign to such lofty heights of success. Many good wishes to you and family from my side.
- It is our duty that we must associate ourselves with some activity that conveys the message of national unity We celebrate the 31st of October as National Unity Day.
- Sardar Sahab used to say- “We can take our country to loftier heights only through our united efforts. If we don’t have unity amongst ourselves, we will get entangled in ever new calamities”.
- The diversity of our country is visible in Rangoli. Rangoli is drawn in different states with different names and on different themes. Therefore, the Ministry of Culture
also going to conduct National Competition associated with this.
- Friends, these three competitions are going to commence on the birth anniversary of Sardar Sahib from 31st October. In the coming days, the Ministry of Culture will provide all the information related to these events.
- Dear countrymen, during this period of Amrit Mahotsav, we are remembering the brave sons and daughters of country, those great and virtuous souls. Next month, the birth anniversary of one such icon and a brave warrior, Bhagwan Birsa Munda ji.
- Friends, these words of Atal ji show us the way even today. India's contribution to making this earth a better and safer planet is a big inspiration for the entire world.
- Friends, today while talking about UN I’m also remembering the words of Atal ji. In 1977, he made history by addressing United Nations in Hindi. Today I want to play an excerpt of Atal Ji's address for the listeners of 'Mann Ki Baat'. Listen to Atal Ji's resounding voice.
- My dear countrymen, today on 24th October, is UN Day. India has been a member since the formation of the
- There is one more thing related to police service that I want to convey to the listeners of Mann Ki Baat.
- On the 21st of October, we celebrated Police Commemoration Day. A tough service like the police is very difficult without the support and sacrifice of the family.
- My dear countrymen, in the last few years, the pace at which the use of modern technology has increased in our country, the listeners of Mann Ki Baat often keep writing to me about it.
- Friends, today when we go to airports, metro stations or see government offices, brave women of
CISF is seen guarding every sensitive place. The most positive effect of this is on the morale of our police force as well as society.
- India is one of the first countries in the world, which is preparing digital records of land in its villages with the help of drones.
- On the 25th of August this year, the country brought forward a new drone policy.
- My dear countrymen, a listener of Mann Ki Baat, Shrimati Prabha Shukla from Meerut in UP has sent me a letter related to cleanliness. She has written – “if we make cleanliness a daily habit, then the whole country will become clean.”
- Friends, the people of Ghaziabad in UP know Ramveer Tanwar as the 'Pond Man'. Ramveer ji was doing a job after completing his mechanical engineering. Ramveer ji has revived many ponds by cleaning them.
- My dear countrymen, October is painted in the hues of festivals and after a few days from now Diwali will be around the corner. All of you must have started planning for shopping from now on, but do you remember, shopping means 'VOCAL FOR LOCAL':
- If you buy local, then your festival will also be illuminated and the house of poor brother or sister, artisan or weaver will also be lit up. I am sure that the campaign which we started together will be stronger this time during festivals.