'Do or die for the cause if Govt fails on 2A quota', Panchamasali ultimatum to Govt
Hubli: Former MLA Vijayanand Kashappanavar, President of Panchamasali Action Committee, has warned that if the government fails on 2A category to Panchamasali community, the community will commence a movement until the objective is achieved under the leadership of Sri Basava Jaya Mrityunjaya Swamiji from October 1.
In a round table conference held today in Hubli, Kashappanavar said "Former chief minister BS Yediyurappa had sought 6 months to fulfil the demand in response to Basavaraj Yatnal's challenge. Now, the stated deadline is approaching. If the government doesn't meet the assurance, the community will launch 'do or die' movement till the objective is achieved".
Also, Sri Basava Jaya Mrityunjaya Swamiji called for a relentless campaign until 2A quota is achieved. The Swamiji said, " The intention of the movement is not to place leaders from the community in a position of power. The movement aims purely to give justice to the last man of the community".
The Swamiji presented five decisions at the round table conference:
- Thanking CM Basavaraj Bommai for coordinating the community's march
- Campaign in districts, taluks across the state from August 26 to September 30
- If the government fails on the commitment, the committee to begin sit-out at Freedom Park from October 1
- Extending support to demands of Kuruba, Valmiki, Madivaala, Gangaamata, Adi Banajiga, Koodu Vokkaliga
- Appointment of Minister CC Patil as a mediator between the government and the committee