1st day as Karnataka CM: What did Basavaraj Bommai do?
Bengaluru: Basavaraj Bommai took oath as Karnataka Chief Minister at 11 AM at Raj Bhavan in Bengaluru. Soon after, the new chief minister Basavaraj Bommai headed to attend scheduled events.
- Took blessings from former chief minister BS Yediyurappa
- Bommai thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his wishes.
3. Offered prayers at Chief Minister's office
4. Meeting with senior IAS officers
5. Pressmeet at Vidhana Soudha. Made following important announcements :
A. Widow pension has been increased from Rs.600 to Rs.800
B. The Old Age Pension under Sandhya Suraksha scheme will be increased from Rs.1,000 to Rs.1,200
C. A special student stipend scheme for children of farmers will be rolled out
6. Announced Prabhuling Navalagi to continue as Advocate General
7. Visiting flood-affected areas tomorrow